Summer reading this year is all about kids' empowerment with the Scholastic Summer Read-a-Palooza, our nationwide movement to unite kids, parents, educators, public librarians, community partners, and booksellers in efforts to get books into the hands of more kids during the summer and keep every child reading.
This week, you'll hear from some kids first-hand about what they love about summer reading. We also talk about how Scholastic is getting 200,000 books into the hands of kids who need them through a national collaboration with United Way. And we talk with two booksellers who have been working to engage their communities in summer reading through book drives and Summer Reading Celebration events!
- Learn more about the Scholastic Summer Read-a-Palooza
- Join the Summer Reading Challenge
- Find a Summer Reading Celebration near you
- Read more of our research around summer reading in the Scholastic Kids & Family Reading Report
- Learn more about United Way
- Learn more about Beanbag Books
- Learn more about The Bookstore Plus
- Stephanie Smirnov is the executive vice president of global communications at Scholastic.
- Ayeola Fortune is the senior director of impact and global results at United Way Worldwide.
- Jody Everett is the owner of Beanbag Books in Delaware, OH.
- Sarah Galvin is the owner of The Bookstore Plus in Lake Placid, NY.
- Music composed by Lucas Elliot Eberl
- Sound mix and recording by Daniel Jordan
- Edited by Mackenzie Cutruzzula
- Produced by Emily Morrow